Thursday, August 20, 2009

Don't Ration Your Passion


I think blogging is a lifesaver for those who like the creative process, but aren't  necessarily brilliant writers like myself. It is a way to purge the mind of negative energy and get it out there, whether or not anyone is reading it. I guess that is why I named my blog 'ecrivain attempts' as that is what it really is... attempts to be a writer. You can really enjoy doing something and appreciate those who do it well, but how do you get to be that person who could actually make a living doing that thing you love? I ask myself that almost every day when the job that pays the bills does only that, pays the bills and doesn't provide anything else. When Chef Gordan Ramsey on "Hell's Kitchen" says you have to have passion in the kitchen and not merely technique and be quick on your feet, he is saying that he can see the ones who love it and the ones who are going through the motions. Going through the motions is a numbing process. Passion is something that needs to be ignited when what you love gets buried under all the things you don't love at all, but you have to pretend to care about in order to keep your head above water.
So, my question that I leave you with is, can you try to get passionate about something in your life? It may not put bread on the table or be recognized, but try to do it well or make a point of throwing yourself into something that actually brings meaning to life and starts to bring back the tingles that reminds you that living isn't that bad after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment